Edelweiss Travel Company is a tour operator based in Kyrgyzstan – in the very heart of Central Asia, and provides tourists with enjoyable and exciting holidays in Kyrgyzstan and the countries of Central Asia. The travel company was founded in 1997 and is still cooperating with major business partners from Europe and Asia. We are committed to sustainable and responsible tourism and we work closely with the Community-based tourism Association (CBT) and Kyrgyzstan Association of Tour Operators (KATO) to provide travelers with meaningful connections to host communities in rural parts of Kyrgyzstan with an emphasis on responsible travel in harmony with nature and local culture through all our operations.
The Mission of Edelweiss Travel Company is to develop tourism in Kyrgyzstan on the basis of sustainable and responsible tourism principles by providing high-quality services and offering our guests the possibility to discover the country of amazing nature and friendly people with a very wide soul and warm hospitality holding a focus on conservation and respect to local culture and traditions.
With tourism being a fast-growing industry in Kyrgyzstan, we admit that it’s extremely important to encourage sustainable and responsible travel development at all levels of tourism. The nature of Kyrgyzstan is very fragile, and so are the county`s local communities and economy in comparison. International travel brings significant environmental challenges, and we recognize our responsibility in being part of the solution. We strive to continuously improve our performance in collaboration with Edelweiss’s partners, employees, and other co-operators. By means of this policy, we commit to maximizing the positive and minimizing the negative environmental, economic, and social impacts of tourism in Kyrgyzstan and other areas of our operations.
Edelweiss Travel Company values:
- Safety is first. Edelweiss is constantly striving to keep the safety standards up to the mark that relates both to the security of tourists and the security of local communities and natural resources.
- Emphasize improvements in operations and services, aiming to reduce harmful impact on the environment, including reduction of pollution by reducing the waste of assets, e.g. by reusing and recycling, along with saving energy and utilizing environmentally friendly materials.
- Give preference to goods and services produced locally and with minimal environmental impact, which does not adversely affect Edelweiss Travel’s operational activities, viability, and environmental and social impacts.
- Cooperating with employees living in the local areas, whenever possible and committed to the principles of non-discrimination and equality at the professional level.
- Seek further education in environmental matters and share information internally with other employees and with members of our network,
- Inform customers of our sustainability policy and encourage protection of the environment and respect local culture and traditions
- Make the sustainability policy available on request to all interested parties and encourage them to participate in our efforts to protect the environment,
- Fulfill the provisions of laws and regulations to which the company subscribes