Please, kindly take a note that all flowers existence is changeable, depends from the annual season, precise place and the altitude!
Kyrgyzstan is a huge godsend for any amateur botanic who will find out rare and endemic plants here. During several hours you will come through half desert and steppe foothills into mountain forests and open woodland, on the sub-alpine and alpine meadows and even to the kingdom of eternal snow and glaciers.
Biodiversity concentration is very high in Kyrgyzstan. There are more than 18 kinds of higher plants and 9 kinds of mushrooms per each thousand of square kilometers. This measure is ones – twice more than over the world at all. Moreover it is very high endemics concentration here. About 200 plants species are found only on the Kyrgyzstan area.
There are 22 species of wild tulips here, 8 of them are very rare and listed in the Red Book. The rivers and lakes shores are decorated with the bright berries of sea-buckthorn. More than 30 desert-candles (Eremuruses) will amazed your impression, like tenths of other beautiful flowers and plants…
Duration: 8 days/7 nights
AM Arrival to Bishkek. Arrival and meeting with JS tour escort guide. Drive to Issyk Kul lake. On the way SS of:
- Ak-Beshim ruins-Despite its relatively modern origin, Tokmak stands in the middle of the Chui valley, which was a prize sought by many medieval conquerors. The ruins of Ak-Beshim, the capital of the Western Turkic Khaganate, are situated 8 km southwest from Tokmok. The Tang Dynasty poet Li Bai is thought to have been born in this area, as was Yusuf Has Hajib Balasaguni, author of the Kutadgu Bilig.
- Burana Tower-it was the site of an older settlement; the tower’s minaret is one of the oldest of its kind in Central Asia. The minaret was built in the 11th century and was originally 45 m tall.
PM Lunch on the rout. Arrival and acc at hotel. SS of
- Cholpon Ata Rock Paintings museum
Dinner with fish menu.
O/n at hotel.
Day 2: Cholpon-Ata – Karakol
AM Breakfast. SS of
- Cruising on Issyk Kul-lake
PM Lunch at local restaurant. SS of:
- Chon Ak-Suu gorge (330 km.) -The Chon Ak Suu gorge is also known as Grigorievka — which is the name of the village on the main road at the foot of the valley. The slopes are covered with dense fir groves and littered with waterfalls. There are glacial lakes, and spectacular views of peaks and glaciers on the various trails over the mountains to Almaty, as well as a trail to Chin Kemin.: to watch the following blossoming plants.
Plants to see:
Dianthus kuschakewicziDianthus superbus
Day 3: Karakol – Jety-Oguz Gorge – Karakol
- Jety-Oguz gorge – Located 40 km away from Karakol. A beautiful mountain best served with legends by professional guide. Jety-Oguz is a great place for hiking or to start trekking to Altyn-Arashan. It impresses travelers with colorful rocks, woods, flowers, rushing river and yurts.
In firry forest and alpine grasslands of the Jety Oguz gorge you may find the following flowers:
Alposelinum albomarginatumDracocephalum imberbe
- Visit Kyrgyz Yurt settlement where you will drink tea and taste kymyz-traditional natural health drink made of horse milk.
- Kyrgyz horse riding games- In the past national games and competitions had been as the favorite entertainment on the land of Kyrgyz people. Every holiday was accompanied with them. The majority of the rural population in the country even today follows a semi-nomadic way of life. Almost everyone to a man is able to ride a horse and the numerous types of horse games that have developed over the course of time give a fine opportunity for them to show their skills dexterity and fast reactions.
- Eagle hunting show-hunting with eagle is an ancient tradition that dates back to Mongol conquest of Central Asia around the 12th-13th centuries, when a fine eagle and good horse cost the same price and both lent prestige to their owner.
Day 4: Karakol – Karkara valley
AM Breakfast. SS of:
- Sunday Market (Animal Market)
- Museum of Prejevalskiy (includes Russian Adventure Museum). State Memorial Museum of the Great Russian traveler Nikolai Mikhailovich Przhevalsky located 12 km from Karakol, on the shore of Issyk-Kul lake. It includes beautiful monument, traveler’s grave, chapel and indoor museum that contains a number of documents, deeds and diplomas of Przhevalsky, collection of stuffed birds and animals and personal belongings of the scientist.
- Dungan mosque- One of the most beautiful Karakol’s architecture. It was built by local dungans, without any nails in 1911 after 4years work by Chinese architect and 30 artisans. The mosque was closed by Bolsheviks from 1933 to 1943, but since then has again been a place of worship. While it was built by Dungans it serves all Muslims of Karakol despite their ethnic background. The building impresses with an amount of perfect wood carving. You can find some items of Chinese mythology in the patterns if you stay patient.
- Orthodox Church- A fine wooden cathedral was completed in 1895. But the Bolsheviks closed it in the 1930s, destroyed its five onion-domes and turned it into a club. Serious reconstruction only began in 1961, proceeding at a snail’s paces as available money and materials permit. Services are again being held, since its formal deconsecrating in 1991. Listen for its chimes on Sunday morning.
Day 5: Karkara valley – Cholpon-Ata
AM Breakfast. SS of:
- Karkara valley- is the most beautiful valley in the world. It is unique place with the picturesque mountains, peaks, fresh air & pure water of Karkara River. The valley of the Karkara River sweeping down northwards from the Central Tian-Shan is an age-old summer pasture for herds from both sides of what’s now the Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan border. The river forms the border for some 40 km before heading north to join the Kegen River, beyond which it becomes the Charyn. In its lower reaches the Karkara valley is up to 40 km wide, a broad green expanse filled with wildflowers and grazing herds in summer.
- Hiking tour around Karkara
Day 6: Cholpon-Ata – Almaty
AM Breakfast Drive to Almaty. Cross the border.
PM Lunch en route. Arrival and acc at hotel.
Dinner and o/n at hotel.
Day 7: Almaty – Charyn Canyon – Almaty (120+120 km)
AM Breakfast. Full day SS of:
- Charyn Canyon. PM. Picnic lunch. Drive back to Almaty.
Dinner and o/n at hotel.
Day 8: Almaty – Flight
AM Breakfast. Transfer to the airport for flight